Friday, October 2, 2009

Be. More. Patient.

This week is packed way too full and several things (and many more than I’d hoped) have had to be jettisoned, including writing here. I’ll catch up on the weekend, I hope. Meanwhile, a couple of short notes.

We saw Dr. Thoughtful on Tuesday and his main message was that I’m well within the regular recovery zone and I should be patient. Me, I figure the surgery was more than a year ago and I’m ready to cross the recovery off my list. Not so fast, though. He is going to consult with the endocrine guy one of my brothers knows who now specializes in endocrine changes after brain surgery. We’ll see if that will help us refine the trial-and-error chemistry experiments we’re doing in my brain.

Happy birthday to Michael, love of my life.

1 comment:

  1. "a year" is a construct which bears absolutely no relationship to anything, particularly one's recovery from surgery, illness, emotional crisis, etc.

    if you lived on Mars (or Uranus!!), it wouldn't even be a year yet.

    kate

    ReplyDelete