Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Than Thoughts Rattling Around In My Head

There was almost no wind after the snowfall this weekend, so all the trees are still outlined in snow. The sun is shining and the world looks peaceful and pretty from the bedroom window. It's the perfect visual for a quiet Sunday.

For some weeks now, I’ve been having a strange sensation on my head in certain positions lying down. Yesterday, when waking up, I rolled over onto the spot and was able to pinpoint it enough for Michael to locate it by feel and later to look at it. Never being able to see the surgery site has been an ongoing frustration throughout this process for me, though there’s no one I’d rather rely on than Michael. There’s definitely something strange going on up there: lying down, there’s a spot where my skull clicks and there seems to be something loose under the skin. The clicking is what hurts. Sitting or standing, the skin tightens enough that whatever it is, it is held in place, which might explain why I don't find it by feel, either, when vertical. We’re wondering if the loose item can be a bone spur or chip or maybe one of the spacers used when putting my head back together. It was nice to figure out why the part that hurts so much at times when prone isn't so apparent when I’m sitting or standing, though the overall result is a bit disquieting. We’ll get an appointment and see if we can figure out what this is and take it from there.

After the exertions of the week, we’re looking at a quiet day. I hope to wade through my reading stack and reduce the pile a bit, read a bit and take a nap. It’s an ambitious agenda. May your day be peaceful and calm, even productive, if that’s your goal. It’s not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment