Monday, April 6, 2009

Socks Up

Rest is A Good Thing. The whole world looks different--and better. Today brings a presentation about which I’m nervous and for which I don’t know what to expect. It’s likely to take a lot of energy and, as I’m learning, that is a commodity to be used sparingly and wisely, whether I like that reality or not. (I don’t, if you had any question in your mind. Since I don’t get to choose, though, let’s just move on to the next item.)

Having left Urbana where there were crocuses and magnolia and cherry blossoms, I’m in the land of active snowing. I like Spring better, even the April-showers-bring-May-flowers part, though Michael tells me home got some snow, too, just not as much as here.

Do kids learn any of that stuff any more? Do people talk that way any more? If they do not, why not? When did we stop sharing nursery rhymes, aphorisms and common bits of collective wisdom?

More later after my prudent resting and wise use of energy today. Wish me luck. I hope there’s real Spring where you are, and not winter's last gasp. (At least, I hope that's what this is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment